Your Cart is Currently Empty
Are you searching for the perfect birthday party theme? Good news...the search is over! You are sure to find something you love from the list below.
- Sports - Most kids love sport which makes it a great party theme. You can choose an individual sport or just have a general sports theme. It is so much fun to have the children attend in their favorite jerseys. You can organize for sports to be played and/or have the big game on during the party.
- Animals - You can’t go wrong with an animal themed birthday party. You can even take it up a notch and have the party at an aquarium, zoo, or barnyard. I live in a small town, but we do have a family that has just started hosting petting zoo birthday parties. So, even if you aren’t close to an aquarium or zoo, research to see if there are other opportunities available.
- Superheroes - Superheroes are always popular! This is another theme where you can pick a specific superhero or make it general. Ask the kids to wear their favorite superhero gear to the party!
- Camping - You can take the birthday boy or girl and some friends somewhere to camp, or you can have a campout in your backyard. Add in a fire for roasting hot dogs and smores, and this is a party that is sure to delight! If you’re like me, sleeping outside just is not a fit. If that sounds like you, set up the tents for the children inside. I have even seen individual teepee type tents that are used for slumber parties that are super cute.
- Outdoor Movie Night - Get a screen and projector to turn your yard into a drive-in theater! Of course, you don’t have to have the children sit in cars. You can have lawn chairs and/or blankets set out. You could even combine this with a camping themed party. If you can’t find a screen, a white sheet is a cheap alternative!
- Princess - Have everyone dress in their favorite princess costume! The kids could make crowns and/or wands during the party. A great idea is to get local teenagers to dress up as princesses to visit with the kids.
- Spa Party - You can have stations set-up so that each girl can get a pedicure, manicure, facial, and their hair fixed. Serve sparkling juice and finger foods during the services to take the party up a notch! Everyone could come in their pajamas for their day of pampering!
- Holidays - Is your child’s birthday near a holiday? If so, take advantage of this and have a holiday themed party. Birthday near Christmas? Have a gingerbread house making party! Near Easter? Have an Easter egg hunt! You can plan this a year in advance and hit up the clearance racks after that particular holiday. One of my favorite birthday parties of my daughter’s was a Halloween themed one. The year before I bought so many decorations when they went on sale. It appeared that I spent a ton of money on the party, but in fact, it was one of my cheapest ones!
- Swimming/Water - A swimming/water party is always a big hit and the decor needed for them is minimal. If you don’t have a swimming pool, you can have the party at a local pool or waterpark. Some alternatives to pools include having the party at a lake where you can fish or having a water gun/water balloon fight in your own yard!
- Tie-Dye - Tie-Dye is very popular right now. So, why not let your child and his or her friends make their own tie dye items? T-shirts, towels, and pillowcases are all fun ideas!
- Glow in the Dark - You can have a black light and request that everyone wear neon. Or you could keep it simple and pass out glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets. This theme could be paired with several others. You can easily incorporate a dance party or outdoor movie night into this theme.
- Charity - If you don’t want to go all out with a theme, keep it simple. Invite friends over to play and have them bring gifts to donate. You can ask for a book to be donated to the local library or a gift to be donated to a nearby children’s home.
No matter what you choose, just know that your son or daughter will love it, and the memories made from parties is what they remember.